I knew Emma would love a pink bedroom but I didn't expect her to love it so much!
The amount of time she spent in her room tells everything. In the past, she hardly hang out in her bedroom when she was awake but now, we often find her chilling out on the bed, playing with her soft toy and admiring her pink wall.
I'm totally convinced that colours play an important role in setting the tone of the bedroom. The soft pink (Blusher) instills peace and seeing her favourite colour cheer her up. The joy I see in her face is so priceless and makes all our revamp effort worthwhile. Thank you Nippon Paint!
White Junior Bed
Apart from getting the room painted, we also upgraded Emma's cot to a junior bed from IKEA. It's smaller and lower than a single bed so it's easy for Emma to get up and off the bed. The guardrail works very well to protect Emma from falling off the bed.
It was bittersweet bidding farewell to her cot as it has so much memories of her babyhood - her first night with us, first sleep through, sweet cooing, lots of flipping, countless tries to stand up, talking in short sentences, singing bedtime songs and now progressive big girl's chat.
Yet, we know it's time for her to grow. Watching her asleep in her new junior bed makes us realised the hard truth that she's growing up so fast. She's no longer the helpless baby but a mini independent grown-up toddler. One day, she probably won't need us to put her to bed or sing her a song. So, we must enjoy the bedtime as much as we can now.
Moving her out of the cot also means she's no longer confined. We had a few surprise visits in the middle of the nights but we managed to quickly put her back to bed. It was a sweet feeling to wake up to Emma's gentle tapping but we surely hope she will learn to fall back to sleep like she did in the cot without looking for us.
To make her room even sweeter, I DIY-ed some items for decoration.
I did a pink Miffy poster and bunting to match the wall :) Instead of putting up Emma's name up on bunting, I added her name using painted wooden alphabet blocks to her bed frame. For the pink wall, I pasted white small triangle wall decals and my 3 favourite words - Love, Joy and Peace for a dreamy look. It's still a work in progress but first, I need to find a matching blanket.
New Room Layout
Besides the new IKEA junior bed, we also bought another 2 door wardrobe and a smaller table top. Over at the pink wall, we have Emma's bed and drawer chest. At the opposite, Daddy's table cut shorter so we get to fit in the changing table nicely. The old and new wardrobes sit perfectly at the corner next to the door and we still have a some space for her slide! Whee.. With this layout, her bedroom is somehow much more spacious.
Do you also have a dream room in mind? Hesitate no more and get Nippon Paint to help you.
There is a Paint & Save more than $800 painting promotion going on and you can get a paint for the whole 3-Room HDB at $990.
Check out their prices here.
Nippon Paint knows how fun and satisfying it is to makeover a room, hence, they are giving away a 1-bedroom paint makeover (worth $500) to one lucky winner!
Click on the following rafflecopter widget to participate in the giveaway.
Terms & Conditions:
- Giveaway starts on 2 June 2016 and ends on 13 June 2016
- Winner will be announced on 14 June 2016.
- Winner must be in Singapore to redeem the prize
- Winner will be contacted by Ashlyn Thia via Facebook or Instagram messenger
- Winner must utilise this prize before 31 December 2016
- During peak season (June to July & October to December), site inspection and painting works appointments are subject to availability.
- Prize does not include sealer, door and door frame painting.
- Prize includes paint and workmanship for 1 bedroom.
- Prize includes 1 wall colour and 1 white colour for ceiling using Nippon Paint Matex.
- Additional painting services that exceeds the $500 prize value will be borne by the winner. Payable in cash or cheque.
- This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associatted with, Facebook or Instagram
- Nippon Paint reserved the right to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice.
Let your dream (room) set sail!!
Read more about our experience with Nippon Paint:
Thank you for reading and I welcome you to link up on Facebook & Instagram! :D See you around!