These 3 years of parenthood has been a great joy and an adventure for our family. We laughed hard, played hard and stepped out of our comfort zone. However, it's definitely not one without any tears, fears and struggles.
As a working mother, I'm challenged to juggle family, work and life while trying to lead a faithful life. Over time, I learnt that family time shouldn't be taken for granted. In fact, it takes some intentional effort to create special family memories and strengthen family ties.
Here's some ways to create some special family memories:
1. Outings/New experiences
Hubby and I are much of a homebody and we often welcome stay in for the weekends. However, Emma was a total opposite and drives us out of our comfort zones. She loves to head out to explore the world and have some fun time together. We always look out on Google, Facebook, Instagram and Blogs for fun and interesting places to check out and tips to look out.
During vacations, families experience and see new things together. People are usually more open, relax and happier to try new and special activity so that's mean more special memories! It doesn't need to be an expensive trip to a faraway land as it's really the company that matters!
3. Family Hobby
When an activity turns into hobby, it can helps family to look forward to spending time together. Emma started weekly swimming lessons and she loves it! It seems like we can try to in build swimming as a family hobby. Other hobby like singing, cycling or watching movies together can be good bonding sessions too!
Be it a birthday or a new turning point, we always find every ways to celebrate and enjoy! It doesn't always need to be a big celebration, just indulge in the festive with yummy food and dress up for a more special day! Most of my memories of the younger days are celebrations of various kind. Are yours the same too?
Photos bring back memories and reminds us of the good times. Besides taking photos of special moments by ourselves, it is always precious to have photos taken by the professionals. This year, we went back to Studio Memories to mark Emma's 3rd birthday.
We had our first family photos taken there when Emma was turning 1 year and I love them so much that I used it as my profile photo, blog photo and many others! With Emma turning 3, she looks so much different from 2 years ago and we just had to update our look books!
6. Be present
You can be by your family members' side, yet being totally disconnected and missed out on precious moment. Being present in the moment allows the family to turn a mundane moment, like dining at home, exceptional. For busy parents, it helpful to set aside pockets of regular family time and switch off all distraction during family time. Good communication is the key to all relationships!
7. Braving the storm
A lousy day can turn into a special memory as well. When family braves the storm together, they grow stronger and that's make it special in its own way. We stormed through one this year and it's special memory that I would never forget it. Knowing that your family is always there for you in tough time makes it special too. Doing something for your troubled family member leaves special memories as much as during the joyful time. Our family prays when we face difficulties and challenges, and I wish we can continue to support each other on both good and bad days.
There are surely many more ways and I hope these few ways will inspire you to create many more special family memories that your family will cherish for life.
Together with Studio Memories, we like to spread some love around! A lucky family will walk away with a Baby Dairies Package (worth $228)!
The Baby Dairies Package includes:
- One 8R Print with frame (with edited full resolution softcopy)
- Four 5R Print out pictures (with edited full resolution softcopy)
- Up to 3 changes of outfit (Own/Baby Costumes - if any)
- Studio props provided (advisable to bring along baby's favourite toys)
- Up to 2 hours of studio photography session
- Max 3 Pax per session (additional $30 per pax)
- Only for new born and babies below 3 years
- For new born babies, advisable to shoot within 14 days of birth
- Top-up of $30 for Indoor & Outdoor Photography at Emily Park (5 mins walk from studio)
- Customer's Home Photography session for Newborn babies (additional $100)
To participate, simply follow the steps below:
1. Like Ashlyn Thia's Facebook page
2. Like Studio Memories' Facebook page
3. Leave a comment, sharing a special family memory, on the Facebook blog post here
4. Share the facebook post with caption "Looking forward to create special family memories and photos with Studio Memories!" (Optional)
*Terms and Conditions apply.
In addition, there is also a 30% discount for all packages signed up by end of 31 Aug 2016. You can find their pricing and different types of services on the website.
More about Studio Memories
With a team of professional, accomplished and well-equipped team of photographers, Studio Memories offers a wide array of services like individual, maternity, new-born and family photoshoots without burning a big pocket. The photoshoots are taken in their studio located in a shophouse along Niven Road. It's roomy enough for different photography backdrops and set ups like you see in their galleries.
Studio Memories uses mostly natural lighting instead of constant flashing of studio lights during photography session. There has been some concern over studio lighting injuring young children's eyes though they don't cause any harm is the lights are switch off after the shoot. Nevertheless, it's assuring to know that it's safe. Besides, photos taken under natural lighting turns out better and natural.
Our photographer, Kenny, is really good at making Emma laugh and all of us had a great laugh too. Don't worry about being awkward in front of the camera. The photoshoot was a breeze as we simply followed his instruction to pose and smile etc. I love how Kenny managed to capture our family's natural and lively moments.
My usual worry is matching the outfits for the family so I went with my favourite black and white combination. If you need some inspiration, you can read up how I usually match our family outfits here. I hope to share some tips about preparing for photoshoots but it's going to take another few more paragraphs so for now, just remember to relax and enjoy the photoshoot!
Let's create special memories for our families together!!
*Terms & Conditions:
- Giveaway starts on 17 Aug 2016 and ends on 24 Aug 2016
- Winner will be announced by 26 Aug 2016.
- Winner must be in Singapore to redeem the prize
- Winner will be contacted by Ashlyn Thia via Facebook or Instagram messenger
- Winner must utilise this prize before 31 December 2016
- Photoshoots slots are subject to availability. .
- Additional services will be borne by the winner. Payable in cash/Nets/Visa/Master
- This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram
- Studio Memories reserved the right to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice