Friday, June 15, 2018

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Every picture tells a story, and this is ours.



Not a perfect life I want to depict, but part of my life story that I really love to share.



When Angie from Confetti Peektures asked if I've any photoshoot theme in mind, rainbow came right to my mind. I didn't have a very clear idea but she totally nailed it. We were extremely impressed by the set up at her home studio and she's really good with the girls.



I love the colours on the rainbow, the wonder of its creation and in this particular case, the meaning behind the rainbow baby. Avalyn is a rainbow baby so I thought this would be a perfect theme for her 1st year birthday photoshoot.


Having Avalyn is one of the many rainbows after storms and I'm so thankful for that. When I see rainbow, I see God's promise. I see hope, joy and faith. So, I wanted a rainbow themed photo to be a reminder for me to always stay faithful, strong, positive in tough times.



Like how it takes both rain & sunshine to make a rainbow, we can't escape a lifetime full of challenges. Instead, I'm learning to accept and overcome these challenges in with greater faith, even though they could sometimes come waves after waves.



I'm not a super mummy, or maybe I'm - a super mummy wannabe. The reality of my daily life is that I'm juggling a lot of balls in the air and there are some good days where everything runs in order and still many bad days things get out of hands.


I know journey ahead isn't and will never be smooth sailing. There will always be storms ahead, whether big or small. There are still currently many challenges, troubles and weaknesses in my life which make me doubt and wanting to surrender. Although, deep down I know that they will one day be part of another story to tell.


I'm holding tight on to the promise that God is always in control and he make things beautiful in his time. Honestly, it's sometimes easier said than done. I fall and pick up myself over and over again. I'm still learning to give thanks, enjoy every moment, do my part and leave the rest to God in all good and bad circumstances.



To you who have come to the end of this post, thank you for taking time to read this. Let's press on and walk in greater faith.

*

A big thank you to Angie for the beautiful photos! We love it so much!

Do check out Confetti Peektures if you are looking for any photoshoot for yourself or your family. Get a 10% discount off photography session when you quote "ashlynthia". Terms and conditions apply. 





No comments:

Post a Comment